Effective Date: January 1, 2021
If you have any questions, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
1. Information Collection
A. Information You Provide
We collect information about when you use the Service, including, but not limited to, information you provide when you visit our website, register for and participate in programs, activities, and events, whether virtual or in person submit a proposal or application, sign up to receive emails from Aviv, participate in surveys or research or contact customer service. The following are categories of information we collect:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, email address, postal address, borough, and phone number.
- Application and Prize Data, including information provided in your applications for prizes and information related to awarding prizes to winners.
- Demographics, including gender and other demographic data.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us including but not limited tothrough our Service, by email or in person at programs or events.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
B. Information Collected Automatically
In addition, we automatically collect certain information when you use the Service. The categories of information we automatically collect includes:
- Service Usage Data, including the number and frequency of visitors to our website and what features of the website are most popular to our visitors, data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and content you view, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you are using, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as, IP address.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
We may use various tracking technologies to automatically collect information when you use the Service, including the following:
- Cookies, which are small files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help us customize and personalize your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies, see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
C. Information from Other Sources
We also collect information from other sources. The following are the categories of sources we collect information from:
- Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Service, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Partners that offer co-branded events or services or engage in joint activities to market events or resources.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
2. Use of Information
We collect and use information in order to:
- Operate and manage our Service, including enable you to register to participate in programs, activities, and events, whether virtual or in person.
- Perform services requested by you, such as respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide application intake.
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities.
- Conducting research, including focus groups and surveys.
- Improve our Service, marketing and promotional efforts, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our website’s content, layout and services.
- Develop and send you direct marketing, including reaching out to donors about events and opportunities to donate, and communications about our and other entities’ events and services.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
3. Sharing Information
- Service Providers. We share information with entities that process information on our behalf. Our service providers perform functions on our behalf, such as sending postal mail and email, analyzing data, and providing customer service. We may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Affiliates. We share information with our affiliates and related entities, including where they act as our service providers or for their own internal purposes.
- Partners. We share information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded events, resources and services, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our Service to another entity.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share information to comply with the law or other legal process.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities through the Service.
- Consent. We otherwise share information with notice to you and your consent.
We offer parts of our Service through websites, platforms, and services operated or controlled by other parties. In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by other parties into parts of our Service.
5. Your Rights and Choices
A. Tracking Technology Choices
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
We use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how users access and use the Service. Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/.
C. E-mail Communications
You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your donations, registration to events, workshops, or Aviv’s ongoing relationship with you.
6. Policy Towards Children
The Service is intended for a general audience, and is not directed at children under (13) years of age. We do not knowingly gather personal information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act or “COPPA”), in a manner not permitted by COPPA . If you are a parent or guardian and you believe we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, contact us at SpringboardPrize@AvivFoundation.org. We will remove the data to the extent required by applicable laws.
7. Data Security
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
8. International Transfer
10. Governing Law
11. Contact Us
7920 Norfolk Ave, Ste 210 Bethesda, MD 20814